- 1998 – Anchor Christian Academy opens its doors as Arcadia Christian School with only 6 students and 2 teachers.
- 2000 – The school relocates to the Moot area and has a name change to Anchor Christian Academy.
- 2007 – School moves to East Lynne and are introduced to the feeding areas of Mamelodi and Eersterust.
- 2014 – Due to the growth of the school an extra classroom is erected for our Grade 3 learners.
- Present – The school consists of 10 classes including the computer centre and science lab. The Anchor staff family has also grown to 23 personnel.
Our vision is that our schools will become an anchor and beacon in the communities addressing not only holistic child education, but also Adult Education. The schools seek to provide balanced education to address the academic, physical (sport), spiritual, emotional and social needs of not only the learner, but the community as well.
We at Anchor are going to radically impact communities in Tshwane through education by means of :
- Our schools
- A Vocational College
- Sports Academies
- Drama and Music Programmes
- Community Development and upliftment
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe in:
- The absolute authority and inspiration of the Old and New Testament written under the direct guidance of the Holy Spirit, equal in parts and without error in its origin.
- Honouring the one true tri-une God (externally existent Father, Son and Holy Spirit), who created man by a direct, immediate act.
- The pre-existence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, bodily resurrection, ascension to heaven and second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The fall of man, the need of regeneration by the operation of the Holy Spirit on the basis of grace alone, and the resurrection of all to life and damnation, and the ability of the individual to personally approach God. (ie the priesthood of believers)
- The spiritual relationship of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, living a life of righteous works and witnessing of his saving grace, through the ministry of the Holy Spirit.